Oh snap, so on Sunday I hit the 1/4 Century mark and if you want to “digital-digital-get down” with me, or “just got paid, Friday night, party hoppin’, feelin’ right”, then you should probably come hang in Kingston on Saturday at the Hippodrome for Jon 1st/DROP and dancing/drinks, or on Sunday for Victoria Vox at the Hope & Anchor, Islington. That’s an early one (kicks off at 6.35pm) and lovemaking. Just sayin’.
Ooh and its a bank holiday monday. Photos and picnics?
FINALLY WE ARE GOING TO MAKE LOVE ON SUNDAY.
i was beginning to think you were all about foreplay only.
i am so excited for this week i could vomit:
- my parents arrive in london tomorrow!
- no work until june!
- alex berger on tuesday, then ingrid michaelson on wednesday with my brother from another mother, jon
- one month until i’m off to indulge my wanderlust once more…
i am a lucky girl :)
- i received an email yesterday confirming that my research paper has been accepted for presentation at the 2010 international society of biomechanics in sports conference, taking place in july. this is the amazing news i’ve been waiting to share this with the world for a few weeks, but i wanted to wait until i got official word from ISBS :D
it will be the first time i will be presenting at an international sports science conference (EEEEE). it also means that my honours research from last year will be published in the journal of applied biomechanics. i’m going to be a published author, you guys! the pay off for the ridiculously psychotic year that is honours, hah!
- my mum and dad arrive in london in less than a week!
- they’re bringing tim tams and milo ZOMG, thanks to the incredible foresight of my sister :)
no uni subsidy for conference costs, boo. i was keen on attending all five days of the ISBS conference with some financial assistance from my uni, but that’s not going to work out as i’d hoped. as i’ll have to cover all the costs (registration, transport, and accommodation), i can only afford to attend for the day i’ll be presenting. major sadface, but i know that i’ll have many more opportunities in my career to meet other sport scientists, emerging, established and world-renowned. hopefully, i’ll continue to do work that adds value and furthers my field - so this is only the beginning of a very exciting future ahead.
the upside to not-so-great news
depending on which day i am scheduled to present, i may get to spend more time in NYC before flying to michigan. sweet!
(via VincciWincci @ flickr)
rant posts are the most boring to read so i’m not even going to waste your time explaining it all, but i will say BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! you know your job sucks when pay day makes you ANGRY.
so to heal my soul and ease my anger, i’m spending the night in with my old faithful friend, tea (since i can’t afford sweet sweet alcohol). tonight, it’s twining’s lemon ginger tea. every sip reminds me of the school production i was in back in year 12. ginger tea = happy vocal chords.
sorry i bailed on the evening activities tonight, jon. promise i’ll make it up to you, if you know what i mean. *awkward and inappropriate wink*